The organisation shall be named Bushey Forum. For this purpose Bushey is defined as the area covered by the electoral wards of Bushey.
To safeguard and improve amenities and to conserve and enhance the environment of Bushey, thereafter:
- act as a medium of communication on matters of interest to member organisations and members between them and Public bodies or Authorities exercising jurisdiction over Bushey and to take action as may be regarded desirable;
- to promote good neighbourly relations amongst residents through social activities and any lawful action to promote these objectives.
- to provide the means whereby member organisations and members may meet together for the purpose of discussion, communication and debate.
The organisation shall remain strictly independent of political and religious bodies, but shall not be prevented from accessing support of such bodies for the attainment of anything within the objects of the organisation.
Membership shall be open to organisations located in Bushey and individuals living in or having close connections with Bushey and supporting the object in paragraph 2 above.
The annual subscription fee for the year shall be £10 for Businesses and Organisations and £5 for individual members. There shall be a family membership of £10 per annum. The annual subscription is for the calendar year first of January 2 31st of December.
The affairs of the organisation shall be managed by an Executive committee of eight persons including the following offices:
- Vice Chairman
- TreasurerThe Executive committee shall co-opt until the next Annual General Meeting such representatives/members of the organisation it may deem desirable till that particular issue has been dealt with and may appoint any necessary working parties of which one must be a member of the Executive committee.
The quorum for an executive committee shall be three members.
The Treasurer shall be responsible to the Organisation for Monies of the Organisation. The Treasurer shall submit the accounts for audit each year and shall prepare a statement of account for each meeting.
The annual general meeting of the Organisation shall be held on the 1st Tuesday in January each year for the purpose of receiving the Report of the Executive committee, a quorum for the Annual General Meeting shall be 15 representatives of organisations and individual members. For practicality the Annual General Meeting shall be followed by an Ordinary meeting. Further Ordinary meetings shall be held in April July and October on the first Tuesday of those months if possible.Any notice of motion must be received by the Secretary at least four weeks before the date of the Annual General Meeting. Two weeks notice of the Annual General Meeting is to be given to organisations and individual members.Meetings of the Organisation may be called by the Executive committee at its discretion, not less than 14 days notice being given to organisations and individual members.
A special General meeting of the organisation may be convened by the Executive committee at its discretion or upon receipt by the Secretary of a requisition to that effect by 15 or more organisations and/or individual members, providing that such requisition states the purpose of the meeting and formulates a resolution for consideration which shall be the sole business of the meeting. Seven days notice must be given to organisations and individual members.
One auditor who shall not be a member of the Executive committee shall be appointed at the Annual General Meeting.
The funds or any profit from, shall be used for the purpose of the Organisation only. All cheques to bear the signature of any two out of four officers.
- Amendment or Alteration to the Constitution.
- These may be made and existing rules altered, amended or rescinded at an Annual General Meeting or a special General meeting and not otherwise. Any alteration must be supported by two thirds of those present and voting.
- All questions as to interpretation of this Constitution shall be referred to the Executive committee whose decision shall be final.
- Disbanding of Bushey Forum
In the event of the Bushey Forum disbanding any remaining funds shall be given to a Bushey charity registered with the charity commission.
As amended by special general meeting held on 25th of January 1996